Positive Behaviour for Learning
Our approach in managing student behaviour focuses on the promotion of positive behaviours with discussion and agreed expectations in being safe, respectful and successful learners.
Those occasions where a student is non-compliant and whose behaviour is significantly disrupting the lesson and student learning, requires an immediate response to remove the distraction from other student’s learning.
Response to significant student disruptive behaviour needs to be immediate and it’s approach consistent across the school.
Also in alignment with the core rules of NSW government schools all students are expected to:
- Attend every school day, unless they are legally excused, and be in class on time and prepared to learn.
- Maintain a neat appearance, including adhering to the requirements of the school’s uniform or dress code policy.
- Behave safely, considerately and responsibly, including when travelling to and from school.
- Show respect at all times for teachers, other school staff and helpers, including following class rules, speaking courteously and cooperating with instructions and learning activities.
- Treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
Behaviour that infringes on the safety of others, such as harassment, bullying and illegal or anti-social behaviour of any kind, will not be tolerated.
The school has a separate Anti-Bullying Policy. Cronulla Public has zero tolerance for verbal, physical and emotional abuse.